Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Told that good karma will come back tenfold

While working the night shift serving at a restaurant, another guest who is a professional waiter by trade, told me that I will receive good karma, and it will come to me tenfold. He shook my hand, thanking me for helping another new server, believing that my good teamwork bailed out this server in need.

It is good to get noticed for your hard work. It is even better to have another person tell you that good karma will pay you a visit soon. God knows I need good karma, especially after struggling to make a living the past decade.

I thought it was cool that a guest noticed my good deed. I never thought in my mind that I wad doing a good deed. My primary goal is to have fun working in a positive environment. Keeping a positive flow enables my co-workers, managers, and guests to enjoy the experience. Every day is a new adventure.

My philosophy is to take ownership of the entire restaurant. Every guest in the restaurant is within my reach. I will do what I can to make everyone happy, including my co-workers and guests.

Have you been congratulated for doing a good deed? Feel proud of a complement given by another person who acknowledged your contribution? Please share your good karma below. Thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment